To persuade personnel department manager of the company to hire me.
Ⅰ. Good afternoon, I’m Ian Lin. I am very glad to know that my letter and resume were received by your company. It is a great pleasure for me to have this opportunity for interview. In fact, when I was an elementary school student, I have already played an important role in campus radio drama in BCC and even interview school principals. Therefore, these special experiences aroused my interest of becoming a professional and righteous reporter. My future dream is awarded for Pulitzer Prize. It’s just like the Oscars of the press.
Ⅱ. Next, in four to five minutes, I would like to talk about three things about myself. They are my educational background, qualification and related experiences and personality respectively.
(Transition: Ok, let‘s get started with my educational background to make you know me more deeply.)
Ⅰ. In fact, I think that my educational background is related this position more or less.
A. Several years ago, I was graduated from Department of Computer Science of Taichung industrial high school.
1. During that study time, I learned lots of practical computer skills and knowledge.
2. In addition, I make many efforts to get licenses such as Level C technician for web page design and computer hardware fabrication.
3. These computer skills all make sure that when the computer hardware or software has any problems at press time, I can solve it quickly.
B. Now, I am going to graduate from department of applied English in NTCUST.
1. In four years, I strengthen my English ability in listening, speaking, reading and writing four aspects.
2. Also, one of our courses─that is speech and argument class really gives me many chances to address a speech publicly.
3. I believe that the valuable and intensive learning benefits me a lot. Hence, I can say that it provides news reporter terrific training on language proficiency and communication ability.
Ⅱ. As a whole, I will talk about why my qualification and related experiences can suit this position.
A. I am a citizen reporter in Peopo news now. I have already written some local coverage and even make the dynamic videos for audiences to watch.
B. In winter vacation, I was awarded for “The best in-depth coverage” in the two sides across the Taiwan Strait reporter challenging contest. And the news topic is about Red of Quanzhou.
C. In order to maintain my computer skill, I also get the professional certificates of TQC-OA-Word and Excel and Internet Mobile.
(Transition: After knowing my specialties, next my points will aim at my personality.)
Ⅲ. There are some main personality I have. I am observant, aggressive and patient.
A. Firstly, sharp observation is very important and necessary in news scene for reporter.
B. In addition, my aggressive spirit can help find more critical news issues and even exclusives.
C. Lastly, due to my enduring patience to people, I think I can interact with interviewees for a long time.
Ⅱ. In short, being a news reporter is my lifetime dream indeed. Thank you in advance for your consideration and interview today. I believe that you will be satisfied with my working performance in the future. If you give me this opportunity to work for your company, I will do my best to be a hard-working and excellent media person. Many thanks again!